Layout:
You are viewing: Main Page

ITs been a long time

July 21st, 2005 at 07:54 pm

I"m back. Its been a long time since I've written here but I"m back now with a vengenance. Since I was last here, I finally stopped procrastinating and opened that Roth account, and I'm going to have this year completely funded which is the goal. I also jumped on the internet savings account bandwagon and did both ING and Emigrant Direct. I think two is enough. I also found money at a bank I had forgotten all about so I need to decide to either close the account or start sending money automatically to it.

From Ice to Rain

February 3rd, 2005 at 03:21 pm

Its been raining for two days now. How does the weather affect your moods? I have been in a slump, I blame it on the weather. I generally feel more perky when the weather is sunshiny. This type of weather makes me want to curl back up in bed.

He called Last Night

February 2nd, 2005 at 06:35 pm

After 10 days he calls. Albeit I called and left a message that I had some of his mail, but he called back. He asked why I just didn't call his mom and ask her where he was or how was he doing. Didn't think that was my place.... what do you think? I asked him why he just stopped all communication with me and he said he had to think. Still trying to figure that out too. Any thoughts? I'm over here scratching my head at the whole half hour conversation. I'm still standing in the gap for our relationship. I do think he's a wonderful, dear, sweet man who is very indecisive.

Better weather

January 31st, 2005 at 07:22 pm

As quickly as the ice came, immobolized the city and left massive power outages, its gone. Replaced by cold weather. I had one good day to stay inside and do whatever my heart desired. Oh well, back to the grind. I did learn something new to me. Did you know that rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle mixed with a little water is a great de-icer? Didn't have to take the scraper to the windshield at all. I turned on the car, turned on the defrost and sprayed the winshield. It instantly cut through the ice which was at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. I sprayed every window, and then returned to the car and turned on the windshield wipers. Not to mention the Alcohol cleaned the glass too.

Maybe I'm telling something that everybody else knew, but in all my years of growing up in the cold midwest of Chicago, and Wisconsin, I never knew this.

Never too old to learn something new. I thought I was beyond hope.

Ice Everywhere

January 29th, 2005 at 06:28 pm

I'm not snowed in today. I'm iced in. I'm from cold country- Wisconsin, but these Ice storms that are received in the south, are no joke. Don't even think about driving. A solid sheet of ice. Luckily its Saturday so traffic should be minimal but still these nuts think its ok to ride at 50 mph. Wrecks everywhere. The State Department of Transportation can only clear the two right lanes, but I'm watching the news and seeing people zooming in the left lanes and hitting the walls like its a bumper car ring.

Funny though, I can sit in the house all day when the weather is nice and not miss going out. But the moment I can't go out, I'm just about stir crazy.

Its been 7 days

January 28th, 2005 at 03:58 pm

Each day gets a little easier. I guess one can recover from a broken heart.

Its a better day

January 26th, 2005 at 09:39 pm

I guess each day I will grow stronger, I'm finding renewed strength in things I've known, but sometimes when life is going good, you forget about. I guess I just have to remember in both good times and bad, that God is fighting my battles for me and all I have to do is keep still. This is very hard for me, an outspoken and opinionated person. But when I'm forced to become humble I have no problems with it. But the minute things are going good, I forget to be humble.

I'm depressed

January 25th, 2005 at 08:47 pm

The person who really has motivated me into channeling my money better for the future, no longer talks to me. Cut me off cold turkey. Is it wrong for me to expect an explanation? The last conversation was on Friday where it was specifically stated "I'll call you back" and now, refusal to take my calls, and no return phone call. But this too shall pass

Well- dinner out

January 24th, 2005 at 02:59 pm

I intended to go with one friend, but she called to cancel. I decided that I would indeed go to my book club meeting. But I decided to make a stop to get cake boxes first. I met my sister and we decided to go out to dinner. So... I missed out on the bookclub and still wound up going out to eat, except now I had to use my gas. Didn't save a penny this weekend.

I'll write here when I'm tempted to waste money

January 22nd, 2005 at 05:42 pm

Well today, I agreed to go out to dinner with my neighbor and her friends. She feels sorry for me because she sees me as all alone. I'm not really wanting to go, but I"ll be sociable. Plus I don't really want to spend money on dinner when I can cook at home, but sometimes it better to be sociable. She is driving, so thats good, I don't have to waste gas.